We are looking for an experienced Purchase ledger administrator to join the finance team within a busy Accounts department.
The role involves a hands-on approach by liaising with external suppliers, managing query resolutions and to ensure payment runs are accurate and invoices reconciled to statements to ensure accounts are kept up to date.
- Processing high volume of invoices and identify invoices that need to be paid promptly and within credit terms
- Preparing Supplier statement reconciliations
- Preparing and processing payment runs – BACS
- Processing manual payments
- Maintain accurate supplier ledgers
- Liaising with internal operations departments and external suppliers on query resolution
- Processing nominal ledger allocations
- Setting up and verifying new suppliers
- Assisting with closing the ledger at month end
You will have excellent communication skills, good attention to detail and a methodical approach to your work along with excellent problem-solving and negotiating skills. You will be expected to use your own initiative, be customer focused and a strong team player.
Is this role for you?
- Do you have working knowledge of Microsoft programs, in particular Excel?
- Are you confident to challenge costs internally and externally?
- Do you have previous experience of working in a purchase ledger role processing a high volume of invoices?
- Have you completed or are you studying towards AAT level 2 or equivalent?
What you’ll get in return
Alongside a competitive salary, 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, and a contributory pension scheme, you’ll get…
- Mental wellbeing support with inhouse mental health first aiders
- Internal promotion culture with potential training opportunities to further your development if required
- Quarterly office activities from spa days to sports days (Covid dependent)
- Regular social events from drinks after work to five-a-side football competitions, and Christmas and summer parties (Covid dependent)
- Unlimited access to 200⁰ coffee machine and Bird & Blend flavoured teas
- Charity top-up scheme for your chosen charity
- Open plan newly refurbished office with lounge, kitchen and coffee house
- Relaxed dress code
- Short walk to car parking, local amenities such as shops and pharmacy
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter.