We are looking for an individual with solid Credit Control experience who can hit the ground running in a busy Accounts department.
About the role
The role involves a hands-on approach within the credit control department by raising Invoices, dealing with ledger enquiries, and managing customer debt.
- Proactively collecting and chasing debt on the Sales Ledger by telephone and email.
- Raising Sales, Vat and Duty invoices, sending statements of account, allocating cash, and following up outstanding debt.
- Managed Aged Debt reports to analyse ledgers and prioritise cash collection.
- Working with Customs and Account managers on Vat and Duty billing and reconciliations.
- Working across Functions and customers to resolve queries.
- Supporting the team on the weekly debtor’s report and weekly invoicing.
- Maintain housekeeping on the Sales Ledger.
You will have excellent communication skills, good attention to detail and a methodical approach to your work along with excellent problem-solving and negotiating skills. You will be expected to use your own initiative, be customer focused and a strong team player.
Is this role for you?
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft programs, in particular Outlook, Word and Excel
- You will be confident speaking to customers and suppliers over the phone.
- You have previous experience of working in fast paced credit control department.
- You have completed or studying towards AAT level 3 or equivalent.
What you’ll get in return
Competitive salary, 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, a friendly office environment, and potential training opportunities to further your development if required.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter.