We have a brand new and exciting opportunity for a European Groupage Operator to join our fast-growing business. Our culture is vibrant, forward thinking, fast paced and customer focused.
The purpose of the role is to ensure our European groupage service runs efficiently for all import and export consignments, in line with customer requirements and supplier agreements.
About the role
- To deliver proactive communications and solutions for operational issues to our partners and internal departments.
- To prepare and process documentation to ensure our UK partners, suppliers and custom brokers have the correct documentation/information for groupage trailers to enter and exit European borders.
- To ensure trailers are scheduled to arrive on time as per partner transit schedule, escalating delays to the relevant manager advising of expected arrival date in line with partner transit schedule.
- To obtain trailers numbers and estimated time of arrival for collections to ensure the operation runs smoothly to achieve deadlines.
- To update and maintain the daily trailer fill spreadsheet to monitor trailer
- To update and manage the trailer arrival times spreadsheet, logging reason for late trailers to monitor supplier agreements.
- To manage the tracking of all consignments, ensuring communication is maintained throughout all phases of the journey and to investigate and resolve any non-delivered shipments.
- To send loading manifests to our UK partners loading international trailers.
- To send loading manifests to European partners to confirm collections from UK partners.
You will have excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure. You will be expected to use your own initiative, be customer focused and a strong team player. Working within a similar role or with a freight forwarding environment would be advantageous.
Is this role for you?
- You have experience of working in a similar role or within a freight forwarding environment.
- You have operational groupage experience.
- You can work independently and are able to manage and prioritise a busy work schedule.
- You have a great telephone manner and are confident speaking to suppliers over the phone.
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft programs, in particular Outlook, Work and Excel.
What you get in return
We offer a competitive salary, 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, a contributory pension scheme and a friendly office environment. The role involves working Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter.